Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
We ask because we care!
This is the SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington way!
We know and understand that when an unexpected disaster strikes in your home or business the last thing you want to do is answer questions that seem insignificant. However, this is an important step to getting you back to your home's preloss condition. Not only do we ask questions to help equip our team properly prior to arrival, we also ask questions to help keep you, your family, and our team safe. When you call in, our trained team will ask you for the severity or extent of the damage, we might also ask for pictures. This helps us determine how much equipment, products, and materials will be needed in order to start the restoration process.
A question that many homeowners find strange is- When was your house built? We ask this because it is important for us to know whether your property has potential asbestos materials. As you may know, asbestos is not dangerous unless it is disturbed. If your home was built prior to the 1970’s we will collect material from your home and have it tested for asbestos. If it comes back positive, we will recommend asbestos abatement prior to reconstruction. This process helps keep everyone safe.
If you have any questions regarding our intake process, feel free to reach out, we are always here to help!
Why choose SERVPRO?
Our team is ready!
There are many mitigation/restoration providers out there which brings to question, why SERVPRO? Well, it’s simple, we are the leader in our industry in more ways than one. We are a Countrywide franchise system, which means that when needed we can pull our resources from all over the Country. One example of this is the current snowstorm in Texas, our team from Maryland was on-site within one week assisting businesses and families in need, alongside other franchises. Another occasion in which our SERVPRO franchises were able to come to the forefront and pivot is when the COVID-19 pandemic struck, we quickly adapted and started servicing businesses and families with cleaning and disinfecting services. These examples go to show that we are always here to help, collectively.
Are you flu season ready?
Are you flu season ready?
At SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington, we're not just concerned with the health of your home but also with the health of our clients. Especially, during the flu season, so here are some information and tips for understanding and knowing how to handle the flu from the Red Cross.
Influenza, also known as the flu, is a contagious respiratory disease caused by different strains of viruses. In the United States, there is a flu season that begins every fall and ends every spring. The type of flu people get during this season is called seasonal flu. Flu viruses spread from person to person when people who are infected cough or sneeze.
What should I do to avoid getting sick?
Get your flu shot every year for the best chance of protection.
- Always practice good health habits to maintain your body’s resistance to infection.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Exercise daily.
- Manage stress.
- Get enough rest and sleep.
- Take these common sense steps to stop the spread of germs:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid or minimize contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when you cough and sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
- Stay away from others as much as possible when you are sick.
Do I have the flu?
The flu usually begins with the rapid onset of high fever and body aches. Be aware of other common flu symptoms:
- Extreme tiredness
- Sore Throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea (more common in children then adults)
If you have, or know of someone who has these symptoms, reach out to your healthcare provider. Always remember that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is here to help! We wish you a healthy beginning of the year!
Why SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington?
Your SERVPRO superheroes!
Who can you trust when you are a victim of a disaster like a flood, or a fire? When these situations happen you may feel vulnerable, or even impotent. You may ask yourself, who should I trust? Will they have my best interest in mind? The question will then become, why SERVPRO?
- Our team is certified through IICRC for water, fire, mold and bio clean ups.
- We are the leading name in our industry, with years of experience.
- With over 1,700 franchise licenses to operate across the U.S, and Canada, you can believe that we are experienced and trained to take care of you.
- We are a part of a franchise system, but we are also independently owned and operated. You will received detailed attention every time!
- We are your one stop for cleaning, repairing, and managing your loss.
- We work with adjusters! We provide pictures, dry logs, and detailed explanations as to what needs to be done, and what is being done at your home or business.
- We can handle both residential, and commercial losses. With the support of our franchise, we feel confident enough to say that there is no job to big or too small for us.
Remember that having the support of a team like ours can make the difference with how quickly you recover from a disaster. When you think about clean up and restoration, think green, think SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington!
Home Emergency Kits from SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington
One of the things we pride ourselves in is trying to help the community by being prepared for a fire or a water loss. We make an effort to spread the word on being prepared. There is no better time to prepare then before a disaster. In this effort we offer free Home Emergency Ready Kits. This kit contains vital information that will better prepare you for a disaster. Below is a list that the Home Ready kits include, along with essential information you should know.
- Emergency Supply Check List
- Home Evacuation Plan
- Home Contents Inventory list for each room
- Family Emergency Communication Plan
- Disaster Preparedness Brochure – What You Can Do
Contact us today for your FREE Home Emergency Kit! We will gladly assist you with any questions you may have. Remember that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help, and make it “Like it never even happened”.